Hip Replacement Happy
So what can you do to ensure the best possible outcome from hip surgery?
The answer is LOTS! And most of it is contained in the following set of leaflets.
The goal of this set of resources is to make sure you have access to all the information you need, to ensure the best, most successful outcome, the quickest recovery, the lowest risk of post-surgery complications and the lowest risk of damaging your new hip, and needing future revision surgery.
In this set of resources we cover —
- The Hip Replacement Procedure Explained
- How to Prepare for Hip Surgery
- The Dos and Don’ts Following Hip Surgery
- Rehabilitation After Hip Replacement Surgery
- A Daily Pain and Exercise Progression Worksheet
- How to Climb Stairs After a Hip Replacement Operation
- How to Make a Speedy Recovery After Surgery
- Post-Surgery Exercise Rehabilitation Handout
The advice and exercise sheets —
- Explain what the hip replacement procedure entails
- How to reduce the risks of surgical complications
- How to keep your new hip safe
- How to prepare your home for your return after surgery
- How to regain independence as soon as possible
- What exercises you can do, and at what stage, post-operation
- The exercise rehabilitation leaflet includes interactive links to videos.